Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CANNONBALL!!!

I have to say that I love busy days at work.  As much as it tends to drive me bat-shit crazy with both my desk and cell phones ringing off the hook, my email chiming in new messages, and paper frantically flying around my office, it's kinda relaxing to not give my brain a chance to wander off into one of it's dark corners.  And I think I have one of the most fantastic jobs EVER!  Who else can say that they've played an active role in 7 different projects in 4 different states AND 2 different countries....all in ONE DAY?


Then I wonder why I go home and get nothing accomplished... I'm done wore out!  But I have given myself to the end of this week (not including the weekend) to get caught up on all of my outstanding projects around the house.  Its really not unachievable.  I just need to go home and not sit down:  not on the couch, not at the desk, not on the bed, not in the tub.  I will not eat them Sam I am, I will not eat green eggs and ham!  Tonight I shall finish the housework, tomorrow and Thursday will be nights of writing.  No more excuses!  Only achieving the goals I set forth.  Running for the ribbon at the end of the race.  It's time I prove to myself that I can do whatever I set my mind to.  I'm reminded of lyrics to one of my new favorite songs (Sunshine by Barley Legal):  "Take a leap of faith, hop in to the deep end, we may be broken but we are alive, come on get in, the water feels just fine."  Yes, Mr. Carver, yes it does!


In another week, I will be venturing into even more unchartered waters... the vast ocean that is the world of novel writing.  A dear friend and I will be starting our first co-written mystery book that, with lots of blood, sweat, tears and, oh yeah, LUCK will be one of a series.  As I'm sure you understand, I'm not going to go into any details but I will say this:  it'll be as wild, crazy and quirky as we are!  To kick this project off right, the two of us will be traveling to LA for a little...uh...inspiration?  Yeah, inspiration!  So we hit the beach, a bar or two, mingle with the locals while we are at it... never hurt anyone, right?


We'll also be starting to pay a little more attention to our joint blog ScroungyPizza (http://scroungypizza.blogspot.com/) where we will making a really exciting new announcement VERY shortly!  Please check it out!






Current Read:  Me, Myself and Why by MaryJanice Davidson
Current Click:  Tonight's new episode of NCIS

No comments:

Post a Comment